Thursday, September 17, 2009

HW #4 triangular comments 1

my post to Alicia P.

Alicia i really enjoyed reading this. What I like and makes your post unique is that you involve exactly what you see in your life. When you talk about people on the bus with cell phones and teenagers walking down the street with headphones. Those real life examples do a great job of getting your point across.

Your contrast of the life we live especially in new york and the life of another person desperate to get away from our society. The way you say the necessities of life don't need an outlet help express a main point.

Your post is a lot like the things we've discussed in class where we use the internet and technology to have a more interesting life but from the safety of our own home.

but what about the positive aspects? you mention it in the beginning of your post but you should add on to it. exactly how good is the good of it?

you make me think of how i act in my life. i think about when I'm on the bus or train and am completely unaware of the outside world, sometimes so much so that I almost miss my stop.

Can't wait to read the next one
Evan


my post to Brittani C.

brittani I really enjoyed this post. I think it was great how one aspect of the digital age like social networking can be both good and bad. You expressed how it can be addictive and keep you from doing other things, which is bad, but also keeps you connected which is good.

I like your recurring message that it's addictive, we know it's addictive we see what it is doing to us and yet we can't stop. Your question why do we keep coming back? Is something I myself want answered. I really like and agree with you when you say that it takes over us and prevents from doing the most simple tasks like eating. I sometimes see the addiction in myself. I can remember various times when i chose to stay home and watch television instead of going outside and experiencing real life.

Much of you're post reminds me of some of the things said in class and adds on to some questions that need to be answered. If you were to add on to this i think that you should try and give your own interpretation of why we are just so addicted. Also where do you see this addiction leading us? Does the bad outweigh the good or vise-versa?

Your post has been good for me it helps me think of specific times in my life this has happened and how I would be different without this take over of digitalization. Could I survive in a previous time where there was to digital life.

hope your next blog post is just as good
Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment