Thursday, November 12, 2009

hw 21 digitalization art project

This is my art project. i decided to draw a picture. i took a picture of it and uploaded it too my computer.

the picture shows a computer flying above an eagle, it is showed as better and more exciting. There are people below talking to each other. I know it may be hard to see what they are saying so i will also write it here:

person 1:Hey what's up there in the Sky!!!!

person 2: What the Eagle??

person 3:No forget the Eagle the computer is better

person 4:Yeah forget the Eagle, the computer!!!

QUESTIONS:
Is your art a hammer or a mirror? Why?
I believe that my drawing is a mirror, it reflects much of population. i felt like depicting the computer as better, faster, cooler, and more exciting than the eagle was a good way to showing how we as populous get more excited over electronics than anything else. I wasn't really making a big or shocking statement i just tried to depict an aspect of society.


Does your art make you fink and theel? What are some of your own reactions to your art?
When i see my art, it doesn't give me a good feeling because it isn't depicting the most positive thing. The painting makes me wonder if things will ever go back to when we appreciated environment or if will we just keep moving farther and farther away. It in some ways makes we want to treat the things with no chip in them with more respect. I think i did a good job showing what i feel, that we have become more interested in the mass-produced electronics than things we hardly ever see.


What was the most interesting aspect of your making of the art?
I think that the most interesting part of the making of the art was the drawing the picture. i could have left them out and just have drew the computer and Eagle and let the explanation tell the whole story. By deciding to add them I showed what we look like. It gave the audience the ability to look in through a different perspective. Since i was trying to show what our society looks like i thought it might be a good idea to have a sort of birds eye view of the situation. Art tends to have a bigger effect when it is looked at from an outside prospective looking in. The addition of the people also gave the audience an opportunity to think for themselves instead of relying solely on the explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment